Agri-Sector Consulting, Market Research, Desktop Research, Agronomy
Stephen is the principal of Feeding the Future Consulting & Research. Collaborating with an extensive network of contacts throughout the Australian agricultural industry he has gained a deep understanding and knowledge of issues effecting todays farmers.
Stephen has more than 20 years experience in the agri-sector, including as:
- a consulting agronomist for one of the leading private independent resellers on the Liverpool Plains in northern New South Wales
- an advisor and research manager for one of the leading private agronomic and advisory consultancy firms in South Australia
- a senior research manager for the largest global provider of market research to the agricultural industry
Stephen has over 12 years of experience conducting market research studies in crop protection, animal health, pest control and turf markets, agricultural machinery, banking and the agri-sector in general across Australia and New Zealand. His experience encompasses both the government and private industry sector, including multinational companies and grower organisations.
Stephen’s agronomic experience includes the cultivation of a range of dry land and irrigated crops including pasture, wheat (bread and durum), barley (malt and feed), oats (grain, hay and forage), triticale, sorghum, maize (grain and silage), sunflowers, chickpeas, faba beans, field peas, mungbeans, soybeans, field peas and lentils.
Stephen holds a Master of Science in Agriculture (Research Agronomy) and Bachelor of Science in Agriculture (majoring in Agronomy) from The University of Sydney and a Graduate Certificate in Regional Development from The University of Western Australia.
Stephen is the current Agribusiness Member of the Regional Advisory Council TAFE NSW – Southern Region and a former Director of Agribusiness Australia. Stephen is also a member of the Australian Market & Social Research Society (AMSRS) and the Australian Farm Institute and has a keen interest in sustainable agriculture and food security in the Asia Pacific region.
Market Research, Desktop Research, Database, Lead Generation
Terrance has significant experience in the agri-sector, including as:
- an agricultural natural resource manager with the NSW government;
- managing a family farm partnership (prime lambs, wools and beef);
- manager of the sheep portfolio for Virbac Animal Health;
- a senior account manager for one of the four largest global providers of market research; and
- a senior research manager for the largest global provider of market research to the agricultural industry.
Terrance has over 8 years of experience conducting market research studies in crop protection, animal health, the agri-sector in general and technology products / electronics across Australia and New Zealand. He has extensive experience in longitudinal tracking studies.
Terrance has formal qualifications in economics, marketing and entrepreneurship from the University of Sydney where he was awarded the following:
- McDonalds Australia Limited Prize for Best Student completing an undergraduate major in marketing; and
- The Electrolux Home Products Award for Best Student in Marketing Strategy and Planning
Specific industry training in quantitative and qualitative market research methods from the Australian Social and Market Research Society:
- Multivariate Statistical Analysis
- Questionnaire Design
- Introduction to Qualitative Research
Terrance continues to be involved in the family farm, where is in the process of building a robotic sheep feedlot.